Incorporate these 5 exercises into your strength routine for great results!!
1) Plank: When performed correctly, a simple plank is one of the most effective ways to tighten your entire core. Correct technique is the key. Keep your back flat and your belly button pulled in toward your spine.
2) Mountain Climbers: This vigorous variation of a standard plank kicks the core tightening up a notch. Angling your knees toward the opposite shoulder is a wonderful way increase the intensity even more.
Place your hands wider than shoulder-width apart on the ground in a push-up position. Bring one knee to your chest and then back to the starting position, alternate each leg quickly.
3) Russian Twist: Nothing quite brings the burn like a properly done set of Russian Twists. By holding a medicine ball or dumbbell in your hands, the exercise becomes even more effective. Sit on the floor with knees bent like in a "sit-up" position. The feet should be kept together and slightly off the floor. Keep your torso straight and your back off the ground at a 45 degree angle. Hold a medicine ball or dumbbell with both hands. Next, the arms should be swung from one side to another in a twisting motion. Move slowly for a more challenging workout.
4) Knee Tucks: All too often I see people neglect their lower abs in favor of quicker, easier exercises. The fact is that our lower abs typically need the most work, so give them the attention that they need with these Knee Tucks.
Start on your back, bend your knees with your feet on the floor and knees touching. Extend both arms overhead on either side of your ears, palms facing up. Exhale and bring your knees up towards your chest. Slowly lower your hips back down to start position.
5) Side Plank: Side Planks are much more challenging than they appear at first glance. While the focus is mainly on your waist, due to the stabilising nature of this exercise, you're also working your entire core as a whole.
Put your feet and legs together as you lie on your right side. Place your right arm under your body and lift your upper body so that your right elbow is directly under your shoulder. From this position, slowly raise your hips from the ground until a straight line is formed from your ankles to your shoulders. Hold the position for a moment, slowly return to the starting position, and repeat.
For best results these exercises MUST be combined with correct nutrition. Avoid processed carbs, packaged or fried foods. Fill up on lean proteins and fresh vegetables.
If you’re ready to take your results to the next level call or email me today and we will get you started on an exercise/nutrition program that will deliver massive results!