Real weight loss comes with lasting, healthy lifestyle changes. Try to make the following changes over the next few weeks to see some great long-lasting results.
- 1. TV Time: Swap the time you use to sit and watch your favourite shows for exercise. If you just can't miss your show, use the time to burn a few calories. Stand up and do some squats, lunges or sit-ups.
- 2. Sleep: Most adults need an average of eight hours' sleep each night. If you're not getting adequate amounts of rest, you're more likely to be hungry, overeat and gain weight.
- 3. Drink choices: If you're one of the millions hooked on soft drinks, alcohol or other sweetened beverages, your weight loss goals may remain out of reach until you replace these drinks with water. You should also know that your brain often confuses thirst with hunger, so at the first sign of hunger, grab a glass of water.
- 4. Breakfast: If you try cutting calories by skipping breakfast, you'll be excessively hungry by mid-morning. As a result, the healthy calories you would have eaten at breakfast are replaced with calorie-filled snacks and an over-sized lunch.
- 5. Physical activity: Weight loss is about burning more calories than you consume. Therefore, it makes sense that dieting and exercise must go hand-in-hand.
The quickest and most permanent weight loss comes as a result of a combination of healthy eating and consistent, challenging workouts.
I'm here to help you meet and maintain your fitness and weight loss goals.